Some of you may have already seen the new cases for Microsoft's new lines of software. They look pretty cool with the small form factor and rounded corners, all made of Clear plastic. But they are quite the puzzle to try to open. They are nearly as difficult as the Rubics cube.
I'm sure it took me nearly half an hour trying to figure it out. I kept trying to open it like a book with no luck. So if you want to take the challenge to open it by yourself then please feel free to skip this tutorial.
For packages which have them, the first thing you will need to do is break the seal on the top of the package. It is a big round clear sticker. The sticker on mine covered the certificate of Authenticity label, so I couldn't just peal it off.
Next pull the red tab to peal off the sticker off of the side of the case which allows the DVD tray to open.
At the top of the Box is another Red Tab. Do not remove this or it will be more difficult to open the case. To open the DVD drawer; simply pull on the Red Tab and the Tray will unfold.
Now you have access to the Discs the booklets and the pamphlets. Here we have Windows Vista Ultimate and Office Ultimate open showing the contents.
The thing which took me the longest to figure out was trying to find out where the CD Keys were. While installing the software I hunted and hunted for three hours, trying to find the keys.
It turns out that I just hadn't looked at the back of the box while it was open.
So, there they are. The little orange stickers on the back of the DVD trays.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and will enjoy your software.
2 comments:
Next you need to instruct people on proper ways to remove the fondu forks that they will inevitably stick in their eyes after using Vista.
Hm. Sorry, can't do that one. I just haven't seen it happen yet. And I have been using and been arount other people using Vista for more than a year.
Then again Fondu forks are rarely found in the vacinity of Vista.
Post a Comment