I have less than three months left in my contract, so I'm back looking over my Résumé again, trying to figure out how to add my current position to it, which apparently I had added in June and since forgotten about the contract mix up which required an update. Well, I have updates to add to it anyway, as I have been doing some SDET work lately. Ah, having fun breaking software, he he.
While helping cleaning on Saturday I stumbled across a packet which included a handful of Resumes. I glanced over them and thought about what would cause a potential employer to balk, while trying to read them. I was balking anyway, they were a little brash, slightly pompous and blindingly difficult to read. All written using one of the the standard Word Resume templates. On one the goals mentioned had nothing to do with the position.
If I were the hirer I don't know how long I could stand looking over those resumes unless all of them were similar. So I think I know some things I should remember as I work on mine. But it is hard to detach myself from what I have written, to look at it through someone else's eyes.
One reason for the update is that there are a couple of FTE positions open on my team which I could possibly apply for.
I'm not going to get all excited, thinking I will actually get a position, but if I do interview, it would at least be good practice as I continue to learn and grow in this career path.
No comments:
Post a Comment