Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Drooling over announcements

Oooh! IE8 Beta 1 is out today. I'm excited! I'm easy to excite aren't I? I simply had to download it and try it out. http://msdn.microsoft.com/ie

I decided to re-download the IE6 and IE7 Virtual machines so I could try installing IE8 in a safe environment, so I wouldn't mess up anything. When I went to the VM page I found there was already an IE8 Virtual machine up too. Nice! But it means that just running the VM I don't get to see the installation, oh well.

I'm having fun anyway. I'm even writing this post from IE8 running on the Virtual Machine. It's so funny how broken Blogger is as it's expecting the old broken IE behavior.

Another really cool thing I saw today, is that a project I have been watching excitedly for a few years, has been released with source code. The project is Microsoft Research's Singularity OS. The all Managed Micro-Kernel, Software Isolated Process, Operating System. Even better, I know the one of the guys in charge of it. I've gotta find the time to try it out some time. http://www.codeplex.com/singularity. I wonder if I can understand any of it?

No comments: