Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New Video Chat

Cool. Gmail now has Video chat. Last night I was thinking that it would be cool to be able to use the web cam built into my computer, I don't know what for, but was thinking it would be cool to be able to use it. So I started looking around out there to see what I could find, maybe a sidebar gadget or something. I found one but it wouldn't help to be able to actually reach out to someone else.

I then started looking for other ways. I did find that Live messenger has the option but even though I work at Microsoft I avoid some certain services. Something about an old irritation with Hot Mail adds and spam injection.

So, I check my email this evening, and wouldn't you know it, there is this "New feature" Link at the top, advertising Google Video Chat. Cool! It installed nicely and worked after a little bit. Now I just need to find a reason to use it... hmm...

2 comments:

Sharon Wagoner said...

Hey you should get together with Andrew and both try out your cameras to chat with. Andrew just bought a new Macbook, so he has a camera too. Just a thought.

Shkyrockett said...

That sounds like it could be cool. I'll have to talk with him.