I'm having lots of fun tonight. At work I did a search to see if I could find any information on Virtual Hard drives and a little way down the search results I saw a YouTube result on Hard drive forensics. I was intrigued.
Sure enough, it was a lecture on how to recover data from dead hard drives. I started watching and found them fascinating. When I returned home I started into it again and a few minutes I had the old notebook hard drive hooked up to the old computer in the USB drive caddy. And I was actually recovering files from it. The file system is shot on the drive but A low level file scan is able to pick them up. The file names are missing but I have the files, as long as they weren't too fragmented. This is great! I hope I can find the photos I had thought I had lost and maybe get some of my emails back.
No comments:
Post a Comment