I remember back to when the Internet was still new and domain names were being registered for the first time it was fascinating to watch as word after word was being gobbled up to assign new pages to. It looked like it wouldn't take all that long before every word in the dictionary and a huge portion of short phrases would be claimed. I figured that by the time I was an Adult they would all be claimed.
Not having internet connection at that time I used to write down every web address I wanted to visit on little sticky notes which I kept inside the flap of a calculator that I used to carry around, in the hopes that I might be able to spend a little time at a library, lab or somewhere else looking at these fascinating pages. Oh how things have changed.
So it is interesting then to see the results as an Adult now when indeed a good portion of the simple addresses have been claimed but there are still words and phrases left untouched and many of the pages once claimed have been left untended abandoned or taken down. Some domains have even been let to expire.
I wonder whet the next decade will bring?
No comments:
Post a Comment