Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My SVG Wish Test

Shaded green textured test button
Here is a little svg file that I created for what I would hope browsers would be able to render.
The rendering to the left points to the linked svg file source.
It uses some rather simple shapes, an interesting texture, and lots of transparency.
It is a texture test for a little personal pet project I have been refining and would like it to look right across all major browsers. I created it in Inkscape then edited it down to size by hand.
There is one thing about it though. Most browsers crop it at it’s canvas edges and I can see how that would be useful, but I would prefer it to not be cropped in this instance, so I’m wondering how to do that without changing the canvas size. I want the shadow to spread past the edge of the canvas and onto the page its on.
Hmm. [Update: The image now direct links to the svg file.]

No comments: