woo! Hoo! My new computer arrived today! And so I get to go through the experience of getting a brand new computer again, complete with all of that wonderful junk installed. That experience I don't get at work, because working at Microsoft, the first thing I do at when I get a new machine, is boot up the Network Installer and install a fresh OS from the network.
The first thing I have to get used to here however, is the shift key on this new keyboard is smaller and gets interfered with by the up arrow the ?, and the enter keys. The Touch-pad is a little weird too, it feels more like a space bar than a touch pad button.

Ahrg! I did it again, I pressed the up arrow instead of the right shift key. Good thing it is talk like a pirate day today! This little flyer has been floating around the kitchens at work so I thought I would capture it.
The first thing I had to do once the machine started up was connect to the Internet, that was the painless part, then I had to enable the antivirus, fun; it's Norton! I will be replacing that soon enough. Then came the torrent of updates after updates, first Defender, then Norton, then Windows, then HP, then Java... At least that didn't take overly long.
While I waited I decided to try to document some of this on ye olde' blog here and make some smores. Mmmmmm. Smores! I think I will make another...
So the first thing I see when I open IE makes me cringe, No! not the Yahoo! tool bar!!!!! I will be un installing that now! Ah! much better, all gone. Next, there is some sort of weird side bar installed into IE called the "HP Clip Book" Weird! It sure takes up a lot of real estate. It has a close button but tells little of what it does. Oh, wait, there is a new button on the toolbar which has something to do with it. I think I will keep it for a little bit but it will likely go shortly, I like my Browsers in narrow windows but not that narrow.

Let's see, Oh yeah I got it with a web cam, now why did I do that now? I don't remember anymore. I think I will play around with it and see... Ah! there we go! Now I don't have a head! Ah, more fun to go...
No comments:
Post a Comment