Okay I decided to download Safari to add it to my testing tool belt. I'm writing this post from Safari now. It was definitely not designed for Windows. The resizing borders are missing, It feels naked like this. Eek! Give me my borders please! It also added a desktop Icon without an option to not install one. One of my pet Peeves. Off you go to hide in the Quick Launch.
One thing I noticed, that I do like, is that it seems to have some interaction with the OS, or at least other browsers. I started typing the address to get to this blog and it actually showed up in the list.
Gasp! The middle click worked! It opened a new tab! Shocking! coming from an Apple product. Okay now to test the Print Preview on my Blog. Something FireFox can't handle... Cool. It works about like Opera with Print Preview. that is good.
One of the first pages I had to try of course was the Recipe page I had been working on. And... It looks just the same in Safari as it does on Opera, FireFox, and Netscape. IE and Maxthon look a little different because of a little bit of an odd spacing issue, but I think it is cool that I don't need to change that design to get it to work is Safari.
The metallic grey interface is a little depressing. I really started to love the tan color of Windows XP Luna Blue. Vista's Black is depressing too though. I specifically went online searching for a Desktop Wallpaper with a little color in it, a few weeks ago just for that cause.
I think I will stick with IE as my choice of browser it still loads faster than any of the others and I have become comfortable with IE7. I will keep it on my tool belt though to test websites against.

No comments:
Post a Comment