Thursday, September 17, 2009

Office Web

Writers Reference Encyclopedia.docx - Microsoft Word Live (preview program) - Windows Internet Explorer

Whoot! From the tiny Thumbnail you might not be able to tell exactly what the screen shot is of, but it's something I'm excided about.

I opened up my SkyDrive today and found I had been accepted to the Office Web Apps Technical Preview.  Which means I get to be one of the first to be able to view Word Docs, view and edit Excel spreadsheets all in side of SkyDrive  in the browser.

Writers Reference Encyclopedia.docx - Microsoft Word Live (preview program) - Windows Internet Explorer

The one thing which has really surprised me so far, is that it could actually handle opening my almost a ream of paper document!! I'm impressed. It is limited though, I tried a few of my crazier spread sheets which wouldn't open online. It isn't designed to replace Office in any right anyway but is a nice offering so far.

No comments: