I finally had work to do today. I have no idea if I understood what it was I was supposed to be doing, but I hope I will catch on soon. This is certainly not the kind of work I was expecting. It is very different than what I was doing on the IE BVT team. It seems that I am sort of like an editor, for help content, I check over the finished documents to make sure the formatting hasn't been lost ant the links are correct. Most of the testing is done via. Automation like profanity filtering, link checking, etc. but some of it just has to be done by eye. I spent most of the day checking help files to make sure the content hadn't lost its formatting.
This is going to be an interesting job. Now if I could just comprehend what people are saying when they are telling me, at Eighty miles an hour, what I am expected to do. I’ll just have to keep asking questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment