Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Second Day of Work

When I checked in with the receptionist to try to get my Agency Temp pass I was told I could pick up my badge. Cool, and on the second day too! I didn't have to wait the full Seventy Two hours I had to wait the first time. So I walked over to Building Eight to pick it up, and was given my old badge back. Even more cool. Then back to my Office to finish installing an OS I couldn't finish the day before.

My Manager was working from home today so I wasn't quite sure what I was supposed to do. One person was instructed to show me the ropes of the tests, So I sat in his Office as he showed me how to examine the test results, and file Bugs. They certainly aren’t like the tests I had over in IE. It might take me a little while to get the hang of things.

Next, my office again, and a short introduction to one of the main Microsoft wide tools. Then busy work trying to get the systems arranged and trying to learn a little about what I'm supposed to be doing. I had a little trouble trying to do some of the things I needed to do because there are still a few permitions that haven’t propagated. hopefully they will all be ready tomorrow.

I guess I am expected to work for Eight hours a day, and I can arrive whenever I can get there, I just have to be at work between Ten AM to Four PM. Yawn. I'm already starting to feel the drain of Eight hour days. I Hope I can get accustomed to is soon. The hundred day break requirement is nuts, it creates a more difficult transition when returning to work. One of the cool things about this job though is they seem to expect contractors to return after their breaks.

No comments: