At least I didn't forget my badge today.
I didn't quite get to work before eight AM, like I wanted to, but I was there sufficiently early. Sigh, more responsibility is being handed to me, I'm still choking some on what I have, but little bits are starting to sink in. I hope I'm ready for when Sanjina goes on her 100 day break.
I found out some interesting and somewhat concerning information today. I had an interview aka welcome meeting with my Volt rep. It seems that the Non-Disclosure agreement I signed requires that I am not allowed to get a job with any other agency for a period of 180 days after the end of an assignment. I had previously thought it was 100 days as the Minecode people were quoting me. So, that means that if I had taken a job with Minecode after only 100 days I could have been in some possible serious legal trouble.
Of course Volt has agreements with Microsoft as well as other companies that, if offered, I could possibly be hired on full time. Nothing like putting a leash on your employees. Oh well, at least I am enjoying my current job. I also found out that accrued paid vacation days can only be carried over if returning to work within 140 days, which I just happen to be two days over. Well, I suppose it doesn't really matter, I can't really think of a reason I would be taking a vacation any time very soon.
~Alma
No comments:
Post a Comment